Saturday, November 8, 2014

His poor wife

I am glad that you all enjoyed the part in my last post about our Landon.  It's funny when I write these things I rarely think about which part will get the most attention. Sometimes it's the stuff that I least expect.  I guess I should have expected that Landon showing his bottom in the bathroom at school would get some attention.

Got a few more for ya... this is actually for me to just write down so someday I can show his fiancee for fair warning...hopefully, we will have about 20 years to work on this...

A bit ago, a conversation we were having in the van took a strange turn and the kids were asking me if it hurt when I gave birth to them.  Um, awkward? I tried to deflect it and said that I had medicine to help me so it wasn't so painful. Even talked about the needle in my back hopefully scaring them enough to stop talking about it. Like I said, it took a strange turn.  But, this is what I heard Landon say to Taryn in the back seat: "Taryn, I am SO glad that I am a boy and not a girl. I don't have to get my ears pierced, and I don't have to have babies."

Then another time, during dinner, we were talking about how I had to cut off a tree branch since it had started to break off. Here's how the conversation went:

Taryn: Mom, you cut off the broken branch?!
Mom: Yes, I cut off the branch. I even used daddy's saw.
Dad (with sarcasm): Wow! Mommy you used a saw?! You must be strong.
Landon: Yeah, mom, show us your muscles. We promise we won't laugh!!

Finally, this happened just tonight.  The whole fam was snuggled up on the couch downstairs watching a home improvement show.  We were all into it wondering which house the couple would choose, and, then, waiting anxiously for the big renovation reveal... this is how a conversation with Landon went:

Landon: Mom! It's 5:50!
Me: Yes, it is.
Landon: Go upstairs and start working on dinner. We eat at 6:00 so you only have 10 minutes.
Dan just looked at me, shocked, and started laughing.

Thanks, Landon for your support and empathy. You make my mothering, um, interesting.

This kid.




2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! Jim and I had quite the laugh over the last scenario!!! Love that kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your life! No wonder you haven't had time to blog...Landon has you on a tight schedule!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I love to hear from you. Really!