Friday, March 19, 2010

The Night that Taryn Didn't Blink

For a period of about two hours last night Taryn didn't speak and barely moved. Was I worried? Even though this is extremely abnormal for Taryn to do while she is awake, I wasn't a bit worried. I guess you could say she was a little spellbound by Disney On Ice. Last night we went to the show with another mom and her sweet girls. The look on the faces of the girls when the show started was worth the price of admission. I kid you not, Taryn sat at the edge of her seat for the whole show. She said all of two words to me "Where's Tinkerbell?" When I explained that she would come on later, Taryn just turned back and watched the show in amazement. Those Disney people know how to entertain.

Taryn didn't want to risk looking at the camera for the fear of missing something. (The look on her face is how she looked the whole night).


Some of the cars from Cars

Ariel and Flounder

Simba from Lion King

Was able to get a quick pic of the girls during intermission

Our favorite Disney Characters (other than all the Princesses, of course) Minnie, Mickey, Goofy and Donald (not pictured :) ).


Tinkerbell and the other fairies


What a great night out with my girls!

At the end of the show, one of the girls looked at Taryn and asked why she was crying. I looked at Taryn and said, "Oh, no, honey, she's not crying. Her eyes are watering because she hasn't blinked for the last 2 hours."

10 comments:

  1. Landon and I stayed home and watched B.ball. Boys rule...girls drool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look on Taryn's face. She looks the same during the intermission.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you had us scared for a minute! thought she was ill or really ticked off at you for a sec. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so neat and could become a tradition for you and the girls. Unfortunately Taryn won't remember much of this one so need to keep it up! What beautiful princesses, you are -- all three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so hilarious! Glad y'all had such a great time out together. And no Dan, boys are the ones who drool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your last sentence! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny, Taryn's expression could be Dan's when I tried ask him a question while he was watching TV. I think he was ignoring me, not fascinated like Taryn, ya think?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I love to hear from you. Really!