We started out as couples without kids...IBC "trailer trash," staying up way too late playing cards or random German Board games, camping in the wilds of Prince William County, etc. Then we each had one and we discovered that we could make our kids portable with the wonderful Pack-n-play. Our late night game playing became less frequent, but we still tried. Fast forward 4 years and now the kids outnumber the adults and we all live in Kansas! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!
The weekend after Halloween we drove just 2 1/2 hours south to see our dear friends the Winns. What a wonderful time seeing their home and watching our kids play oh so sweetly together. It was really a fun time. It did my heart good to see a familiar face. We ate way too much junk food, played board games, stayed up way too late (Thank goodness for the time change!!) and just caught up on life. We love you Winns! THANK YOU for hosting us! Looking forward to returning the favor!!
Picture taken by Annika
The kids table
All ready for bed...the kids in order from oldest to youngest (4,4,2,21 m, 9m, 4m)

Soldiers in The Lord's Army!!

All dressed up for church!

Hot mamas

Then and Now...


You beat me!! I am still working on Halloween but will have my pics up so. So sweet to see those kids and of course we loved seeing game play-as again! I think I'm addicted to ticket to ride - and am determinded to win someday!!! =)
ReplyDeleteThat is soo awesome! I am jealous! You guys are all soo cute and so neat that you have little ones so close in age! Yay for friends and so glad you got to see familiar faces and live so close!
ReplyDeleteSob. I wannnnaaaaaa play. And I LOVE Ticket to Ride. Miss you all so much. When's our reunion?
ReplyDeleteSo envious that you all got to have a fun sleep over and game time together... just like the old days! What evil dessert did Ms Rachel make? I'm betting there was chocolate involved ;)!
ReplyDeletelove those German board games!
ReplyDeleteI second what LL said. What precious times.
ReplyDeleteNow that is just slice of heaven. what a post!!
ReplyDeleteGreat how God provides friends...friends that will love at all times!
ReplyDeleteI love the now and then pics - such precious times. So glad you guys are close.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun weekend! I know it was a blessing to both families. Thanks for all the pictures! 10...wow, that is what I call fruitful!
ReplyDelete