Tuesday, April 19, 2011

He's gone country!

A few weekends ago we headed up North to visit Dan's family. On Friday we spent the morning at Dan's sister's house. While we were packing up to head back to Grandma's house for naps, my brother-in-law (also named Dan) called into the house to see if Landon would like a ride in the tractor, excuse me, pay loader. Now, my son is all boy when it comes to heavy machinery. In the car he's always on the look out for "big rigs," "car twansporters" and bulldozers. So, I was confident that a ride in a real machine would be a hit. Yep, it was.











The look on his face when he was "driving" was priceless. Once he sat in the driver's seat and the tractor started moving it was all business. The smiles went away and he became serious, there was work to be done and Landon was the one to do it. I am pretty sure he truly thought he was in charge. I think he could have stayed in the tractor all day long. If you ask him what he did with Uncle Dan he will tell you "We scooped up the mud and then we dumped it out!" All in a day's work.


Thank you Uncle Dan for making that little boy's day. :)

5 comments:

  1. It was so fun to hear him emphatically say "We dumped it out" He did have some smiles when he talked about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I am 6.5 years young to the Boy World (only a sister!) I never realized how vehicles could bring out such emotion in little men!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feeling the Winterfeld Farm will be a fun place for our boys to visit as they are growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like every little boy's dream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, how did I miss this post? I just saw it now! LUV LUV LUV it

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I love to hear from you. Really!